Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vegan Cookie Dough Truffles

When my sister and I were growing up we would joke that if we had one wish, we'd wish for a box of assorted chocolates so big that we'd have to eat our way to the edge. To this day, I still love assorted chocolates and February 15th is the hardest day of the year. Why February 15th? Because that's when all the assorted chocolates are 75% off!
So this year, as a vegan I'm a little limited in which chocolates I choose to eat. So when I found Chef Chloe's Vegan Cookie Dough Truffles, it immediately went to the top of my "to make" list. Here it is! Chole's recipe. Thanks Chloe for absolute deliciousness. Enjoy.

Ingredients
1/2 cup Earth Balance
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour (I plan to try this recipe again with GF flour)
1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
12 ounces dairy free chocolate chips

Directions
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
Using a mixer , beat margarine, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and water until combined. Add flour and beat until incorporated. Fold in mini chocolate chips.


Cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour. 
Roll chilled dough into 1-inch balls with the palms of your hands. Place on prepared baking sheets. Freeze for 15 minutes. 


Melt the remaining 12 ounces chocolate in a double boiler or microwave. Let cool to room temperature. Remove one tray of cookie dough balls from the freezer. Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and remove using two forks. Place the coated balls back onto the baking sheet and transfer to the refrigerator. Repeat with the second tray of cookie dough balls. Chill until the chocolate is set, about 20 minutes. Store in refrigerator until serving. 


Just a note: I put the truffles on a wire rack but that was a bad idea. They broke a lot when I was pulling them off. My mouth didn't mind but it did make them look a little less pretty.


Please note that this is not my recipe and all "oooh's", "aahhh"s" and "mmmm's" go to Chef Chloe. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!Those look amazing!
    When I make buckeyes I use a toothpick to dip the buckeye in chocolate. It might make it easier than 2 forks. Mom

    ReplyDelete