Friday, February 17, 2012

Tofu Eggless Salad (from Crazy Sexy Diet) - favorite lunch



One of my absolute favorite lunches to have on this new vegan (and sometimes gluten free) lifestyle is Tofu Eggless Salad. I even made this for Mike and my dad and they thought it was real egg salad.

It is so quick and easy and lasts several days. I love putting it on spinach, with Rudi's Gluten Free bread or Mary's Gone Crackers. 

If you try it, let me know what you think.

Tofu Eggless Salad
(Please note this is not my recipe. All credit goes to Chad Sarno http://www.rawchef.com/ via Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Diet

2 blocks of firm tofu
1 cup vegan mayonnaise (I use Follow Your Heart Vegenaise and an considering using less mayo)
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1/2 cup carrot, grated
1/3 cup parsley, finely chopped (sometimes I'll use 2 tbsp dried parsley)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (not to be confused with bread-rising-yeast)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
First, drain and pat dry the tofu blocks (the salad can get really runny if you don't).
In large bowl, crumble all tofu. Hand mix with remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined. It will keep for 5 days. 

Drain and pat dry the tofu so the salad doesn't get runny.
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.

Tofu Eggless Salad on a bed of spinach

No comments:

Post a Comment